I have a passion for growing companies and the tenacity to think outside boxes, lead innovation, create strong relationships, and build and inspire teams. If you think I might be a fit, you can be in touch.
I have a total of 11 years of experience in marketing and sales across industries from startups to enterprises. Taking an analytic approach in a competitive landscape, I am adept at quickly finding ways to maximize ROI.
As a graduate student at MIT, Harvard, and University of Michigan, I was fascinated by how people process information to make choices. I learned to understand and affect these decisions to influence sales, behavior, and create emotionally-compelling brands and messages.
I am passionate about creating strategy and content that works, which means automating the right follow-up actions at the right time to create a warm relationship and then a sale. I’m a builder at heart, and what I love to build most are deeply resonant brands through extraordinary content.
- use data to develop new strategies and improve marketing performance
- reliably close sales at high rates (online, via email, on the phone, and at events)
- design and edit content (Photoshop wizard, plus Adobe Creative Suite, G Suite/Google Drive, Canva)
- content, photo and video production with keen focus on maximizing ROI on content creation
- write compelling copy and webinar scripts that convert
- work closely with developers and product teams on implementation
- generate leads via digital channels (Google Ads, SEO, content marketing, Facebook Ads)
- set up new systems, automating and optimizing marketing campaigns
- quickly learn new software and coding skills
- analytics, reporting, and measuring marketing ROI (expert with databases, Excel, SQL, Salesforce, Google Analytics, Tableau, custom analytics tools)
- create high-performance cross-channel campaigns
Web & Digital Marketing Manager
December 2016 – Present
A collaborative leader and experienced manager, I relentlessly seek opportunities to drive maximum ROI for our team.
I consistently exceed growth goals by prioritizing high-ROI projects for innovating our web presence. I partner with cross-functional internal teams to launch products, services, and omnichannel campaigns. I manage content strategy and a team of web developers.
• Brought up contact form conversion by 41% to generate over $37M in new closed opportunities
• Drove organic growth and content strategy that increased website traffic by 104% in a year
• Optimized landing pages to create over 75% more leads
• Led SEO strategy that ranked bluewolf.com/dreamforce above all competitor content in Google
Digital Marketing Manager
August 2010 – November 2016
I consulted for local and national clients, including Sutter Health midwives at St Luke’s and MIT, working closely with developers on implementation and wrote front-end code (HTML, CSS, WordPress). I provided comprehensive digital marketing management as a consultant, including lead generation, conversion optimization, automated lead-warming campaigns, SEO/SEM, social media and web content, and high-converting sales campaigns.
Founder, Director of Marketing & Sales, Bringing Babies Home
April 2009 – October 2015
I filled a healthcare practice, keeping it consistently booked at above-market rates with outstanding lead generation and sales skills. Then, I doubled revenue with a new training product, testing and launching with a lean process in less than two weeks.
Always seeking new opportunities to grow, I created Foodie Moms, a premium brand that grew exponentially, while managing a growing team. I am a recognized thought leader in the field and contributed to this best-selling book.
Development Manager, Alzheimer’s Association
October 2012 – September 2013
I delivered over $100,000 in an hour by managing every aspect of a large fundraising event. My strong relationship skills led this event to be the second most successful in the entire Northern California-Nevada region, out of 15 new pilot events.
November 2010 – June 2011
Elected to lead the board, I inspired a team and led a digital transformation. I managed a full website redesign, created a digital content-based marketing program, managed email marketing, sales campaigns, and digital content creation.
Development Manager, Birthways
April 2010 – November 2010
Managing fundraising for this nonprofit, I secured three major sponsors, including Whole Foods, and over fifty vendors as manager of the East Bay Baby and Kids Fair, a gathering to empower Bay Area parents during early parenthood. I managed event staff, board members, and volunteers.
Development & Outreach Associate, Alameda Point Collaborative
August 2008 – June 2009
I was the voice to the public and developed key donor relationships that grew this $2M organization.
At AP Collaborative, a nonprofit housing formerly homeless families, I was responsible for all public communications, managing digital channels, building donor relationships, and administrating grants. In the digital space, I managed:
- Content creation for two websites
- Email campaigns to build relationships with prospective donors
- Social media marketing
Event Marketing Coordinator, Green Building Exchange
January 2008 – June 2008
I kept this company in the construction sector bustling with prospects and leads during the height of the recession. I developed and managed a full calendar of marketing events to connect with potential customers and lead public outreach. I recruited teachers to host over 40 new classes and launched a sustainable vehicle show that brought over 500 people with zero promotional budget.
Research Assistant, MIT and USDA
January 2007 – May 2007
Using data science techniques, I helped build a national, searchable database of all food-related transactions in the U.S.
Project Manager, EDA University Center for Economic Diversification
January 2006 – May 2006
Managing seven research assistants, I led an investigation of the economics of the unbanked in Detroit, Michigan.
Research Assistant, EDA University Center for Economic Diversification
June 2005 – January 2006
I was responsible for market research to understand the local food system, composing written surveys, phone interview scripts, and finding research contacts.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Environmental Policy & Planning, Organizational Management
2006 – 2007
- Masters coursework included communications, statistics, organizational change, and management
- Activities: Co-organized a campaign that led MIT to expand environmental curricula, plus fund aggressive campus-wide sustainability efforts
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
2002 – 2005
Honors BA, Environment, Psychology, Writing, Statistics
- Recipient of National Merit Scholarship and six different Honors awards
- Early graduation and graduate coursework
- Activities: ESL Tutor, Residential College and Program in the Environment, Organizer for racial, economic, and environmental justice